Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Family Editor Interface is a simple tool which gives a more interactive way of creating or editing Family Content. It gives a more visual control over the Family Bone-Muscle-Skin paradigm through manipulating the existing parameters within the Family Editor. Only usable in Family Editor Mode, it will allow the user to change parameter values on the fly, thus receiving immediate feedback on their actions.
The tool will detect when new parameters are added to the Family Types dialog and has additional 'Refresh Document' button to detect when new parameters are added on the fly. 'Refresh Document' is also useful when toggling between several different Family Projects.
About This Version
Version 1.0.0, 5/25/2016
Initial Release for Revit 2015, 2016, 2017.
The free Family Editor Interface add-in is brought to you by Archilizer.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.
Autodesk® Revit® converts each Archicad object into a separate in-place family. This means they cannot be selected as a group and replaced. e.g. you can’t use “Select All Instances”. So finding and replacing each one becomes time consuming.
This utility will match and select all of the in-place family instances in the model on any level and replace with a selected Revit family.
Finds matching In-Place objects and works out their orientation so they can be replaced with a Revit family type.
The Addin currently supports two types of placement
- WorkPlane based – face hosted.
- One Level Based.
The In-Place objects can only be selected from the following Categories
- Electrical Equipment
- Electrical Fixtures
- Generic Models
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Specialty Equipment
|The start dialog box|
|When Revit imports Archicad objects they become In Place families.|
These are hard to work with
|Family files are not always orientated the same way.|
About This Version
Version 1.0.0, 5/25/2016
The ArchiCAD Object Replacer add-in is brought to you by SMRT Consulting.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Revizto brings a whole new level of intuitiveness that allows users to simplify the complexity of the AEC industry.
Revizto 4.0 highlights
- All-new markups.
- Sheets can be imported directly into Revizto even without the 3D model.
- And it supports PDF sheets!
- Redesigned pipeline.
- Revizto Editor is no longer an essential part of the workflow. All project sharing and management can be done from the Viewer.
- Improved merge and sync.
- Now it is much simpler.
- Export scheduler.
- Set up automatic daily or weekly export to Revizto to keep everybody in the project on the same page.
Instantly share your BIM data with project stakeholders.
Export and share your model
Bring your BIM/CAD project into Revizto Viewer in a matter of minutes. All BIM object data and linked files will be preserved. Share the resulted model with anyone in multiple different ways - either through the cloud-based Revizto Workspace or like a self-executable project file. You don’t have 3D model yet? That’s OK, you can import your 2D documents into Revizto and start to share and collaborate with your team.
Cloud Sync and Share
Cloud Revizto projects can be easily synchronized after each model update in the original program. All project team members will receive the updated model automatically.
Monday, May 23, 2016
V2.0.3 Release Notes
April 24, 2016
We are pleased to announce that our 2.0.3 release is live! This morning, 2.0.3 was pushed to production in a quick, 15 minutes process that required no downtime for our users. We are excited to see another monthly release that makes several improvements to our platform and bug fixes. Check out what’s new below:
Collaborative Library Sharing
This release includes the exciting capability, previously only available in beta, to share libraries between companies! UNIFI is the only content solution to enable collaborative workflows for not just individual companies, but between those companies and their consultants. Libraries may be shared through our web portal here. Look for a news posting soon with additional information.
Enhancements / Features:
- [UD-642, UD-640, UD-615, UD-542] The Manage Users page improvements are: (See image)
- The page loads much faster, particularly when working with many users.
- A new search filter is available, allowing quick filtering down to specific users. The filter works across all visible fields.
- Improved look and feel
- [UD-512, UD-496] The Notifications page improvements are:
- The page loads much faster, particularly when many requests and uploads exist.
- The default column filters are only applied at log in and when clicking refresh. Changes to the filters are maintained when browsing away and returning to the page.
- [UD-718] The User Menu has been improved to include more profile and library permissions information. (See image)
- [UD-633] UNIFI branding changes. Several subtle changes to the log in page, logo and the general color theme have been made. (See image)
- [UD-590] The User Management page now displays a default selected time period and the magnitude is indicated by hovering the cursor over the graph.
- [UD-588] Applied tags are now displayed in sequential order. Thank you A Manning for the suggestion.
From the Kiwi Codes website...
And, because I'm a glutton for punishment, here's a complete list of the tools that comprise Bonus Tools (I'm not, however, crazy enough to add an image for each tool – sorry!):
- 06 Ribbon Settings
- Give the Ribbon a Custom name to suit you or your company
- View and change the Ribbon Settings by selecting the tools you want to see on the Ribbon and re-order them to suit you or your company.
- 07 Window Watcher Settings
- Add Revit Window names you would like to either block and/or report on the windows activation as part of a Company Standard.
- Blocking a window does just that, blocks it and replaces it with a warning message.
- Reporting on a windows activation writes to a log file listing the project and users name who activated the window. It also warns the user the window activation is being recorded.
- Primarily used to block/report on 'In-place Families' and 'Importing of CAD files'.
- 08 Family Tracker
- Lists all Loaded Families and/or Groups in the Project and the date of insert and the date of reload (modification).
- From the list, highlight families that are out of date in the project file, reload or repath them.
- 09 3d Views for All Levels
- Create a 3d View for each level in the Project.
- 10 3D Views for all Worksets
- Create a 3d View for each Workset and hide all other Worksets in the view.
- 11 3D View for Selected Elements
- Create a 3d View with a Section Box around the currently select elements.
- Specify a margin around the elements to extend the Section Box by.
- 12 Change Text Case
- Change text case between Title, UPPER and lower.
- Applies to Annotation Text, Model Text, Room Names, Area Names, View Names & View Titles on Sheets.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Update 1: 5/22/2016 – Added Autodesk Seek 2017.
Update 2: 5/24/2016 – Added link to download instructions for subscription enhancements from Autodesk Account.
Gathered here for your convenience are the Autodesk-authored add-ins for Revit 2017. As add-ins become available, links will be added to the items.
The following add-ins appeared in the 2016 list but have been removed here for the reasons listed:
- AWWA Pump and Valve Content ₁
- CIS/2 Import/Export ₂
- Compare Models ₃
- Composite Design ₃
- Excel Based Model Generation ₃
- Frame Generator ₃
- Grids Generator ₃
- Revit Server Standalone Installer ₂
- SDNF Import/Export ₂
- Timber Framing ₃
- US Structural Content Extension ₁
₁ Not released for Revit 2016; content, no update release required
₂ Not released for Revit 2016; assumed discontinued
₃ Discontinued: rolled into Extensions for Autodesk Revit 2016
New to the list for 2017 is Steel Connections for Autodesk Revit 2017.
It also looks as though Autodesk may be moving away from the Autodesk App Store to Autodesk Account for subscription add-ins, with the 2017 versions of Batch Print, DBLink, Model Review, Space Naming Utility, and eTransmit all migrating to Autodesk Account.
Speaking of Autodesk Account, Luke Johnson posted handy instructions for downloading subscription enhancements on his What Revit Wants blog. Please note though, as relates to the release year of Revit, that it's not quite as cut and dry as Johnson indicates – our advice is to mix and match his suggestions. Read the article here.
Explore more options and improve project results by extending design models from Revit to the cloud and analyzing them as part of the BIM process | structuralanalysis.360.autodesk.com | Free add-in; analysis requires cloud credits
Autodesk® A360 Collaboration for Revit® is a Cloud Subscription service that works with Revit® software to connect building project teams with centralized access to BIM project data in the cloud. Teams stay connected in real time using the Communicator chat tool within models. Integrated with Autodesk A360, Collaboration for Revit enables the entire project teams to work on shared building information models | Autodesk Account | Product Update
Advance Steel 2017 Extension enables BIM data exchange between Autodesk® Revit® 2017 and Advance Steel 2017, through a complete set of functionalities like import, export or synchronize | Autodesk App Store | Free
Batch Print for Autodesk Revit® provides an easy way to print a large number of drawings (views and sheets) from a project unattended | Autodesk Account | Subscription Product Enhancement
BIM 360 Add-in
BIM 360™ construction management software enables almost anytime, anywhere access to project data throughout the building construction lifecycle. BIM 360 empowers those in the field to better anticipate and act, and those in the back office to optimize and manage all aspects of construction performance | Autodesk Account | Subscription Product Enhancement. Can be installed w/ Revit 2017
Central European Content Extension for MEP
The Central European Content Extension for Autodesk® Revit® MEP software provides an English language version of the German content pack, helping to reduce the need for users to seek alternative sources of content where country-specific packs aren't available | Autodesk Account | Subscription Product Enhancement
Using Bridge Modeling Autodesk Revit Extensions you can generate bridge, road profile, abutments, piers, and railing objects based on user-defined criteria | Autodesk Account | Subscription Product Enhancement
Add-ins updated to Revit 2017 this week included:
- ArchVision RPC Entourage Starter Pack
- Autodesk Seek
- Bulk File Upgrader
- CADforum BIM Families
- CADstudio Revit Tools
- Import/Export Excel
- Kubity Exporter
- Workshared File Notification
"Copy Similar" will copy and paste model elements while placing them on the same "Workset", “Phase Created”, and “Phase Demolished” as the original elements | Trial
About This Version: Version 1.0.0, 5/19/2016 – Initial Release
HotGear Project - Wall Join Controller
Quickly change the wall join type for each Wall on Autodesk® Revit® selection | Free
About This Version: Version v1.0, 5/18/2016 – First Version of Wall Join Controller.
Batch Create Panel Schedule View
The tool is designed to create panel schedule views automatically | USD 3.00
About This Version: Version 1.0.0, 5/17/2016 – Initial Release
hsbcad’s hsb3DPrinting add-in generates building components in Autodesk® Revit® that you assemble by clicking them together**. Print the building model on a larger scale with a standard 3D printer | Free
About This Version: Version 1.0.3, 5/20/2016 – This version includes improvements to create parts of special solids.
SOFiSTiK 3D-PDF Export 2016 (Rental)
SOFiSTiK 3D-PDF Export generates PDF documents with embedded 3D content. Particularly focused on structural models and reinforcement it includes features to create a useful representation of them | USD 2.50/M
About This Version: Version 2016-2.1, 5/20/2016 – Update Release 2016-2.1.
Unity for Autodesk® Revit®
Unity for Autodesk® Revit® 1.2 is an add-in to connect Autodesk® Revit® and Unity® gaming development platform | Free
About This Version: Version 18.104.22.168, 5/20/2016 – Unity for Autodesk® Revit® 1.2 adds weather effects along with the support of textures.
Set of productivity tools for Autodesk® Revit® 2017 - job-time tracker, door/wall legends, text replacements, renumbering, sheet formats, RFA library | Trial
About This Version: Version 2017, 5/20/2016 – Revit 2017 compatible
Export any Autodesk® Revit® model to your mobile and see it in VR! | Free
About This Version: Version 1.0.0, 5/19/2016 – [Revit 2017 version]
Advanced filter with expand capabilities and selection keeper | Free
About This Version: Version 1.1, 5/19/2016 – Added Pre-Filter Button; Better Sheet Description.
Allows user to easily recreate a local file if the local file is outdated. It also prevents user from accidentally opened a central model | Free
About This Version: Version 1.5, 5/19/2016 – Updated for Revit 2017 and drop support for Revit 2013