WHAT TOOLS DOES POINT CLOUD FEATURE EXTRACTION PLUG-IN FOR REVIT PROVIDE?
Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Autodesk Revit 2012 provides the following tools to facilitate the point cloud editing after it is inserted into Revit:
- Crop / Uncrop: Temporarily hide the points outside a rectangle or polygon
- Hide Point Cloud: Temporarily hide the whole point cloud object to facilitate the inspection of the feature extraction result
- Adjust Axis: Transform the point cloud data so that floor can be aligned with XY plane and major walls are parallel to Z axis
Moreover, this plug-in includes some main features specifically for Revit so that the extracted features / geometry can be smoothly integrated into the BIM workflow:
- Datum Extraction: Extract both level and orthogonal grid
- Site Extraction: Extract both terrain surface for ground surface creation and building footprint on terrain surface for building pad generation
- Wall Extraction: Extract both straight wall layout and arc wall
- Floor Extraction: Extract floor from selected points on the floor plan level
The add-in can be downloaded from the Autodesk Labs product website.