BIM TRACK KEY BENEFITS
BIM Track is designed to enhance the collaboration workflow in your projects. It helps your team to communicate efficiently design issues and boost productivity in order to solve them and track them without any headache.
Create, transfer and review your issues from different platforms accessible to the whole project team. You can use the add-ins or even a cloud based web application.
BIM Track won’t let you down until the very last issue is solved. Custom reports and metrics make the tracking much easier so you can figure out if the project is still on track.
Though BIM Track uses its own issue management system, it supports the BCF to give maximum flexibility in project environment. Creating, merging, archiving, group assignment and notifications make the user experience intuitive and pleasant.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
BIM Track is a cloud-based platform and does not require any installation to start using it. The platform allow the user to centralize all the coordination information from design to construction. From a PC or a mobile, from your office to the field, BIM Track allows you to access your construction project information anywhere, anytime. BIM Track provides powerful metrics to help you understand project management performance with charts and graphics. We promote OpenBIM workflow solutions and support IFC (Industry Foundation Classes) and BCF (BIM Collaboration Format).
HERE ARE SOME BIM TRACK FEATURES :
- Full support of BCF 2.0 (Import & Export)
- IFC viewer to see issues in 3D context
- Create, edit, delete and merge issues manually
- Smart merging features to eliminate duplicates
- Manage team access and rights
- Integration with email notifications
- Upload attached files to support discussions
- Automatic numbering of issues to track RFI
- Visualize metrics for better project management
OpenBIM is a universal approach to the collaborative design, realization and operation of buildings based on open standards and workflows. OpenBIM is an initiative of buildingSMART and several leading software vendors using the open buildingSMART Data Model.
OPENBIM : WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- OpenBIM supports a transparent, open workflow, allowing project members to participate regardless of the software tools they use.
- OpenBIM creates a common language for widely referenced processes, allowing industry and government to procure projects with transparent commercial engagement, comparable service evaluation and assured data quality.
- OpenBIM provides enduring project data for use throughout the asset life-cycle, avoiding multiple input of the same data and consequential errors.
- Small and large (platform) software vendors can participate and compete on system-independent, ‘best-of-breed’ solutions.
- OpenBIM energizes the online product supply side with more exact user demand searches, and delivers the product data directly into the BIM.
GET EARLY ACCESS
The platform will be released by the end of the year. In meantime, we need BETA testers to get feedback about BIM Track features. We invite you to subscribe and get an early access to the platform.
There's more information available on the BIM Track website »
BIM Track™ build 0.3 to be released by December 15th! pic.twitter.com/hO1oKOU0Nb— BIM Track (@BIMTrack) December 7, 2015