Updated on December 31, 2016, replacing information from the Autodesk App Store with that from the Revolution Design website, which is much more complete.
From the Revolution Design website:
Revit workFlow is a suite of tools designed to give your Revit productivity a turbo boost. Automatically update view reference links, define an office standard and rename views to the standard with a single click, create finish floor objects and automatically coordinate them with the finish schedule, and more! Get ready to fly...
One of the Revit's greatest strengths in the realm of documentation is the automatic coordination of view callout tags and the views' actual detail location. Change the detail number on a sheet and all view tags that reference that view update automatically. However, Revit has no similar ability with generic annotations, text, keynotes, or scheduled parameters... until now!
autoLink allows you to reference views from instance parameters, text notes, or keynotes*, simply by typing the view reference. References are updated automatically when the reference changes.
autoLink also allows you to reference views from external linked files; whenever the location of that view changes the link is updated automatically, no coordination necessary!
- Reference views with a simple annotation symbol or inside any text parameter.
- Reference views from standard Revit text notes.
- Update links automatically when a view is moved.
- Fully customizable autoLink symbols and parameters.
*Linking inside of keynotes requires both autoLink and Keynote Manager
dimensionCheck DialogQuality control is vital to a good set of construction documents and proper dimensioning is vital when communicating a design layout to the contractor. Items that are not properly located can cost time and money in RFI's or costly re-do's when someone on site decides they know 'about where it should go'.
dimensionCheck is designed to quickly identify objects that are not properly located to avoid unnecessary errors.
- Select a category or set of categories and find all elements in the current view that are not currently dimensioned.
- Quickly locate one or more non-dimensioned elements using the show button to determine where the dimension should be placed or if one is necessary.
- Search only the current view, or all sub-views as well (i.e. enlarged plans).
- Non-modal interface allows you to find non-dimensioned elements, place the dimension, and then move to the next element without closing the UI.
- Non-dimensioned element list is updated as you work.
Revit allows a lot of flexibility for users to override dimension values, place prefixes, suffixes, and text above and below the dimension. This is very useful but it can also be a little tedious if you have dozens of dimensions to tag with 'E.O.S.' or 'F.V.'.
dimensionOverride makes it easy to override on many dimensions in a single command.
- Set custom overrides once in a single dialog box and modify an entire series of dimensions at once.
- Override dimensions with customizable frequently used configurations with a single click.
Have you ever wanted to model floor finishes in Revit but didn't want to spend the time creating floors in every room?
finishFloors can create floors for just a few rooms or every room in your project in just a few clicks, automatically coordinated with your finish schedule!
Just tell finishFloors what floor types to create for each finish code and which rooms need floors and they will be automatically generated with the correct floor type, offset by their thickness so that they will sit on top of the structural floor. Floors generated by finishFloors are linked to rooms, so if the room boundary or finish ever change updating the finish floor is one button click away!
- Automatically map finish codes from the finish schedule to floor types and generate finish floors coordinated with the finish schedule.
- Save your standard finish code mapping and settings will be automatically loaded.
- Finish floors automatically sit on the top of the structural floor.
- Finish Floors can have automatic thresholds created at doorways extending to the center of frame, face of frame, or no thresholds at all.
- When finishes or room boundaries change, update existing floors with a single click.
- Pre-select rooms to focus on a single area or select nothing to work with all rooms in the project.
- Use 'Floors by Click' to generate floors one at a time with a single click, just like Revit ceilings.
Revit automatically numbers doors, windows, etc. in sequence as you place them. However after these elements or viewports are placed, it is inevitable that they will have to be renumbered and resequenced.
quickNumber allows you to quickly and easily renumber elements in sequence dynamically, ensuring that no numbers or letters are repeated.
- Select a number or letter to start from and automatically increment with each pick.
- Automatically locks the category to your first pick to avoid non-category picks.
- Automatically add a prefix or suffix to the number or letter.
- Renumber Doors, Viewports, Rooms, Text Notes, Grids, and Spaces
View Reference Master
Placing reference sections and callouts is a great way to reuse views and save time and coordination, but have you ever tried it on a project with hundreds of views?
View Reference Master allows you to place reference sections and callouts quickly based on the sheet number and detail number rather than searching through a long list of possible views.
Just activate the relevant command (Reference Section or Reference Callout), select the sheet, select the view number, and place your reference view!
- Skip the long list of views and go straight to the sheet and view number you want.
- Get immediate feedback if the view you are trying to reference is the wrong type.
- Relabel views on sheets based on their reference.
- Place a view onto a sheet by the sheet reference.
Tired of looking through default view names like 'Section 1', 'Section 2', and 'Elevation 1-a' to try and find the view you were looking for? Have you ever looked for 'Ceiling Plan - First Floor' only to find it at the bottom of the project browser because someone didn't read their standards and named it 'RCP - First Floor'? viewRename is your answer!
View naming standards are extremely helpful when used, but too often users are in too much of a hurry to worry about renaming views and doing it properly.
With viewRename, you simply set up your office standard naming conventions for various view types when you first set the program up and views are named by the standard automatically, no mess, no hassle and no lost views!
Existing views can also be renamed to match the standard with two quick clicks!
- Set the office standard once and follow it effortlessly.
- Set a different standard for various types of elevations, sections, and callouts.
- No more lost views or generic view names.
- Update existing views to the standard in 2 clicks.
- Set View Template automatically
- Use Instant Updater option to name views immediately on creation
See viewRename on Project Chronicle.
About This Version
Version 5.2, 10/13/2016
- General graphic updates & Stability.
- autoLink can now connect with Keynote Manager to link keynote description text.
- Link patterns are now used for all link types, 'extra text' setting is removed.
- 'Update autoLinks' command is now a ribbon button instead of a settings dialog button.
- All link types can be set and updated instantly.
- Added controls for each type of update trigger to allow better control over updating.
- autoLink can now be disabled for a specific project only.
- autoLink can use full regular expressions for pattern matching instead of only the autoLink pattern system.
- Revit 2017 support has been added.
- Text formatting in linked text is retained in Revit 2017.
For a full update history, click here
The Revit workFlow add-in is brought to you by Revolution Design. It has a base price of 95.00 USD per seat for the entire tool suite. Users may mix and match tools; individual tool prices are as follows:
- autoLink – 30.00 USD
- dimensionCheck – 15.00 USD
- dimensionOverride – 15.00 USD
- fiishFloors – 20.00 USD
- quickNumber – 10.00 USD
- View Reference Master – 20.00 USD
- viewRename – 15.00 USD
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.
There's more information available on the Revolution Design website, or on the Autodesk App Store.