About This Version
Version 18.2.0, 7/19/2017
- Added extra UI and functionality to make COBie IFC exports easier. Specific improvements will be detailed below.
- TODO: Some of the new fields will be localized to French in a future release.
- New Export Functionality:
- Allow curtain wall mullions to export as any supported IFC entity.
- Allow families to export as IfcPile with corresponding IfcPileType.
- Improve export of axis representations for structural elements.
- When exporting schedules as property sets, individual schedules can be excluded from the export by setting the IfcExportAs shared parameter to "Don't Export".
- (COBie) Add COBie Company Information tab in Modify Setup if COBie export is chosen.
- (COBie) Add COBie Project Information tab in Modify Setup if COBie export is chosen.
- (COBie) Improve entity naming for COBie export.
- (COBie) Rename "IFC2x3 Extended FM Handover View" to "IFC2x3 COBie 2.4 Design Deliverable"
- (IFC4) Improve export of material layers.
- (IFC4) Modify Setup has an option to force triangulation only for tessellated outputs.
- Export Bug Fixes:
- Allow exporting to IFC while using Collaboration for Revit where the default directory isn't local.
- Better support for MEP type entities, that didn't always export correctly.
- Correct the parameters of the directrix of some IfcSweptSolids.
- Fix correct mapping of IfcBurnerType/IfcGasTerminalType and IfcElectricHeaterType/IfcSpaceHeaterType.
- Fix creation of types for sub-entities of IfcDistributionCOntrolElement.
- Fix offset problem when using the "Export Linked Files as Separate IFCs" option in locales where the decimal mark is not a point.
- (IFC4) Correct names of IFC4 entity quantity sets.
- (IFC4) Fix the name of IfcCommunicationsApplianceType.
- Import Bug Fixes:
- Improve heuristic that decides the "best" material to export when we can only assign one material to geometry.
- Stabilize GUIDs of some IfcOpeningElements.
- Stabilize order of creation of geometry with multiple clippings and openings, to have consistent output.
The IFC for Autodesk® Revit® 2018 contains up-to-date improvements on the default IFC import and export capabilities of Revit contributed by Autodesk and our Open Source contributors.
While this app is not necessary for IFC support, it is recommended that users that depend on the quality of their IFC files download this app and keep it up-to-date, as new enhancements and defect fixes are added, for more information on IFC, please visit the building SMART website ( http://buildingsmart.org) or the Revit wiki (http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-6708CFD6-0AD7-461F-ADE8-6527423EC895).
The IFC add-in is brought to you by Autodesk. It's free.
Versions are available for Revit 2018 and Revit 2017.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.