Now there is an affordable tool that empowers Revit users to round trip data from Autodesk Revit software to Microsoft Excel and back into Revit. Revit Excel Link is the quickest and easiest way to edit your Revit data.
Revit Excel Link enables you to leverage the data contained in your building information model by exporting the data out to Microsoft Excel. Export data from virtually any Revit element into Microsoft Excel, and once exported, you can use the tools within Excel (like searching, filtering, sorting, etc) to quickly identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies in the data. Import your changes back into Revit to complete the round trip process.
Some of the Benefits:
- Round trip data from English versions of Autodesk Revit to Microsoft Excel, and back into Revit
- Export data from virtually any Revit element into Microsoft Excel to identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies in the data
- Create custom reports with formatting and grouping not possible in Revit schedules
- Distribute the workload to a wider range of team members and utilize staff that does not have Revit experience
- Allow Excel to do calculations that are difficult or impossible to do in Revit
- Eliminate the duplication of manual data entry in Revit and Excel
- Create consistent export formats and eliminate the need for error-prone schedule exports
- Use the exported Revit data in other third party applications
Update February 22, 2013: The Revit Excel link is now part of the CTC BIM Project Suite.