The FormIt team has been working incredibly hard on a whole bunch of new features and polish to FormIt. So much so, that we have decided to remove the “beta” label from the web app! The new url for FormIt on the web is: http://formit.autodesk.com/app. These videos highlight what is new in Web and iOS and a more complete feature list is after the break.
Create Group Instances
The biggest update is the ability to create and modify Groups. This not only allows you to create separate, distinct objects that do not auto-join while sketching – but also allows for instance copies that update when edited. This enables an enormous amount of flexibility in design. Visit our help for more info.
Conceptual BIM: FormIt to Revit Conversion
The FormIt to Revit translation methods and stability have been vastly improved. FormIt Groups translate into Revit Mass families to maintain distinct elements and nested structure. Splines, arcs, cylinders and domes now translate into native Revit geometry without facets. Visit our help for more info.
Editing Tool Polish
There have been a number of improvements to the editing tools
- The Rotate tool has been completely redesigned to be more usable and precise.
- Select and Drag multiple faces at the same time.
- Use Smart selection on web to find faces of the same size, pockets of faces, and pockets of faces of the same size.
- Keyboard Shortcuts on web are expanded to include creation tools, group tools, and editing tools.
- There are also a few features only available in the Web app:
There's more information available on the Autodesk FormIt website.