Release Date: 2014-09-17
With Autodesk® Revit® 2015 R2, Autodesk Maintenance and Desktop Subscription customers get access now to new features that add powerful capabilities, make Revit perform faster, and can improve modeling productivity. Fully compatible with Revit 2015 releases, Revit 2015 R2 installs without disrupting ongoing work in Revit 2015.
Power: Revit 2015 R2 includes new features that enable you to do more with Revit.
- Share more accurately predicted energy performance information in custom dashboards with Project Solon integrated into Revit.
- Use existing geometry in a linked IFC model as a reference for dimensions, alignment, snapping, and hosting of some families in a Revit model.
- Troubleshoot models better with the Reveal Constraints mode making all dimension alignment constraints in a view visible.
- Explore visual programming with the Dynamo interface for computational design which now installs with Revit so you can more easily enhance and extend the power of the Revit API.
Performance: Autodesk Revit R2 meets requests for faster software performance with the goal of making your work easier.
- Edit and regenerate complex toposurfaces, subregions, and building pads.
- Get better performance of the energy analytical model in Revit, with Revit R2 using less memory when analyzing large models.
- Experience faster updates to views that contain multiple instances of families.
- See faster display of Revit links within views.
Productivity: You’ll welcome multiple enhancements in Revit R2 designed to improve your modeling and work productivity.
- Work in perspective views, making quick adjustments without having to change views with some modeling capabilities now available in perspective views.
- Save more time by editing multiple wall joins together
- Find content more quickly with Search capabilities in the Type Selector and all drop-down lists.
- Navigate PDFs exported from Revit more quickly with hyperlinked views.
- Experience easier interaction with structural elements through user interface improvements.
- Improve productivity with more streamlined Rebar modeling and shop drawings creation.
For a complete list of enhancements to your product, refer to the Autodesk Revit 2015 Update Enhancements List or Autodesk Revit LT 2015 Update Enhancements List.
Subscription customers can download Revit 2015 R2 from the Autodesk Subscription website.