The GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD Connection is a free Add-In for Autodesk Revit softwares (including Revit Structure, Revit MEP and Revit Architecture). The Add-In improves the IFC model-based and bi-directional data exchange between GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD and Autodesk Revit applications.
The GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD Connection Add-In has two functions:
- “Improved IFC Import” imports IFC models to Revit using extra features that improve the interpretation of architectural models
- “Export to ArchiCAD” exports Revit model elements in IFC files that are specially enhanced for use in GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD.
For detailed information, see manual.
New in ArchiCAD Connection for Revit 2015 Add-In
The ArchiCAD Connection Add-In developed for Revit 2015 offers extra, optional functions to customize the IFC import/export settings of Revit:
- Import of all Attributes, Properties and Classification Reference data of the IFC model elements as schedulable Revit parameters
- Export of elements based on Revit's phase status
- Export of 2D annotation elements
- Export of element parts as standalone building elements
- Schedule data export as IFC properties
- Export of Family and Type name as Reference property
- Both import and export support the compressed IFC format (IfcZIP) in addition to the normal IFC file format
Important: For best results, make sure you have installed the latest version of Autodesk®’s IFC 2015 import-export app for Revit.
There's more information available on the Graphisoft website.
Bit of testing today of the new #Graphisoft add-in for Autodesk #Revit 2015. Allows import of all #IFC parameters. pic.twitter.com/RGkbj1V2f9
— Bond Bryan BIM (@bondbryanBIM) September 29, 2014