Vabi Thermal Comfort Optimizer™, working as a plugin within Autodesk® Revit®, helps you set and meet optimal design temperatures for each room in your BIM model. As a result optimal room temperatures are achieved taking into account occupant satisfaction, metabolism (met value), clothing insulation (clo value), relative humidity, air velocity, and room heating and cooling setpoints for optimal indoor temperatures in winter and summer.
The Comfort Optimizer™:
- Accepts as input the thermal comfort values per room based on room function, space and occupancy type in the Revit model
- Analyzes 3D spaces in the BIM model and uses Fanger model predictive mean vote (PMV) and percentage of people dissatisfied (PPD) calculations in conformance with ISO 7730 (2005) Annex D
- Synchronizes with Revit’s units of measurement
- Saves thermal analysis data within the BIM model
- Displays thermal comfort results
- Creates a Thermal Comfort Performance Indicator in the Vabi Building Performance Dashboard.
Vabi Comfort Optimizer™ takes Revit to a new higher performance automation level to deliver more of the promise of BIM by providing thermal comfort checking and decision support for your integrated BIM design approach. It is available to Revit users in a modern SaaS (Software as a Service) model under annual or monthly subscription.
After installation and user registration you get a 30 day trial for free. During trial period you can use the software without any restrictions. After trial period a purchase option will be available.
The Vabi Comfort Optimizer add-in is brought to you by Vabi Software and is priced at USD 9.99 per month. A free trial is available.
There's more information available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps website.