NEW FEATURE! Cut Opening for Beams
By Jokūbas Vaišvila
May 05, 2017
Previously Cut Opening solution could layout openings only for MEP line based elements. Today I’m glad to announce that Cut Opening is capable of working with Structural Framing category!
The Cut Opening software allows users to insert openings with predefined opening size, side, bottom, top and depth offsets, join openings if they are near each other or cut openings for elements that are partially clashing. Let me introduce the configurations that are available:
There are two different ways to define opening size for beams:
1. Apply Cut Offset:
- Users can define Cut Offset around the element
- Users can define Top and Bottom offsets
- Different size beams can have different offsets
2. Apply defined opening size:
- Users can set defined opening Width and Height for different beam sizes
Openings can be joined if they are near each other. We have the workflow joining openings as the one we follow defining opening sizes. We use different distances between beams for various beam sizes:
Openings may remain disjoined or joined depending on the defined rules.
Beams that are clashing partially can have two different opening options:
- Openings that fully opens the structure
- Openings that are hosted on a wall and have special Depth Offset from end of the Beam
Users now are able to prepare their own configurations and layout Openings for beams easily!
On this occasion, we are hosting a 30-min WEBINAR. Please join us on May 18th!
Session 1 USA TIME 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM (GMT - 05:00) register >>
Session 2 EUROPEAN TIME 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM (GMT +02:00) register >>
The Cut Openings add-in is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.