The exported models can be viewed in any WebGL enabled browser without additional software installation.
After installation WebGL-Publisher Export for Autodesk® Revit® can be used for 30 days without a license.
After 30 days the export is disabled and the software must be licensed at www.webgl-publisher.com
in the Web as long as the possessor of the web site where the WebGL-Publisher model is published is the owner of the WebGL-Publisher license.
To publish Revit® models to the Web the following steps must be performed:
- A model must be opened in Revit
- The 3DViewSectionBox command must be clicked in the Add-Ins toolbar
- The target directory must be defined in the export dialog where the export should be written to.
The WPG export must be started in an active 3D View.
Before exporting it is recommended to ajust the section box in order determine the boundaries.
The export includes:
- Visible categories of the active 3D-View
- Solids and geometric instances inside the section box
The export itself creates a wpm file (WebGL-Publisher Model) and a html file which displays the exported model.
The generated html file can then be opened directly in a WebGL enabled browser.
To publish the model in the Web, the content of the target directory must just be copied to a web site.
There's more information available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps website.