The IFC for Autodesk® Revit® 2017 contains up-to-date improvements on the default IFC import and export capabilities of Revit contributed by Autodesk and our Open Source contributors.
While this app is not necessary for IFC support, it is recommended that users that depend on the quality of their IFC files download this app and keep it up-to-date, as new enhancements and defect fixes are added, for more information on IFC, please visit the building SMART website ( http://buildingsmart.org) or the Revit wiki (http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-6708CFD6-0AD7-461F-ADE8-6527423EC895).
About This Version
Version 220.127.116.11, 4/19/2016
- New Export Functionality:
- Append "(Type)" to all internal Revit type property sets, to avoid having multiple property sets with the same name assigned to the same IFC entity.
- Changed how the classification code is parsed so that classifications can have brackets and colons in them.
- "Extra Low" level of detail now applies to all faceted BRep geometry, allowing many more files to export without hitting the size limit.
- If a user-defined property set contains the same property name more than once, take the last non-empty value (don't duplicate the property name).
- Rebar elements can generate up to 1024 consistent GUIDs for individual IfcReinforcementBars, up from 256.
- (IFC4) Zones can now have a long name, set by the "ZoneLongName" shared parameter for non-MEP zones, and the "IfcLongName" parameter for MEP zones.
- Export Bug Fixes:
- Don't create orphaned IfcStyledItems.
- Don't export invisible geometry in beams.
- Export DirectShapes of Walls category.
- Export elements with empty custom classification field values.
- Floors exported as IfcSlabs correctly report if they are load bearing or not, using either the "LoadBearing" shared parameter or the Structural built-in parameter, in that order.
- Improve performance in certain cases where we can't create a valid tessellation for a face.
- The "Use active view to generate geometry" option now works correctly.
- (IFC4) Correct the orientation of some IfcAdvancedBRep faces.
- New Import Functionality:
- Import IfcProxy as Generic Models.
- Import Bug Fixes:
- Fix how the IFC GUID is set for certain elements.
- Fix the orientation of some imported objects where part of the local placement needs to be calculated.
- (IFC4) Read in some missing relations caused by "IsDefinedBy" split into 3 inverse attributes.
The free Autodesk IFC for Autodesk Revit 2017 add-in is brought to you by Autodesk. There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.
#revit 2017 is out! We'll be relasing out the #ifc open source soon for the first update. The alternate ui is now standard, though!— Angel Velez (@avelezsosa) April 14, 2016