Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator™ automates daylight requirement checking for building rooms via status checks of daylight area ratios within your BIM model.
About This Version
Version 1.2.2, 4/12/2016
- New Window Legend which automatically list all found glass panels in your building model. It includes a list of windows, doors, and curtain panels.
- Added calculation settings
- The daylight area and daylight ratio can be calculated per floor level.
- You can specify your own "glass" material name which will be used for the daylight ratio calculation.
- a Minimum height above floor can be defined. All glass area below this height is going to be excluded from the calculation.
- UK right of light default = 600 mm.
- The thickness of the glazing bead can be defined. Based on this value, the glazing area of each panel will be offset.
- Option to include or exclude interior glazing (interior windows, doors and curtain panels) for calculating the glass area.
- Added the Dutch (NL) Alpha and Bèta values to calculate the "Equivalent daglichtoppervlakte" according to NEN 2057.
- It automatically converts the alpha and beta to a schaduwreductiefactor.
- Option to include the visual light transparency property of each glass. By default the "Transparency" of the shading graphics of the material is used.
- New visualisations with a floor plan overview of rooms meeting or not meeting the required daylight ratio.
- Added "Autofill required values" based on a set of predefined room names.
Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator™, working as a plugin within Autodesk® Revit®, automates daylight area ratio checking of your BIM model. As a result optimal design decisions can be made regarding floor areas, glazing, glass area, windows, lighting, comfort, brightness, darkness – better working and living spaces are produced. It is especially relevant to architectural designers and building engineers but also useful to all the design team.
The Daylight Ratio Evaluator™ App:
Scans the BIM model and reports daylight ratio compliance against required minimums
Accepts input of required minimum daylight area ratio per room area
Uses floor areas of rooms and glass areas of windows, doors, and curtain walls.
Synchronizes with Revit units of measurement.
Automatically adds and saves the daylight area ratio values per room in the Autodesk Revit® model.
Displays your daylight ratio results
Creates a Daylight Performance Indicator in the Building Performance Dashboard.
Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator™ takes Revit to a new higher performance automation level to deliver more of the promise of BIM by providing automated daylight checking and decision support for your integrated BIM design approach. It is available to Revit users in a modern SaaS (Software as a Service) model under annual or monthly subscription.
Read Help Document
The Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator is brought to you by Xinaps and is priced at 9.99 USD/month. There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.