Predictably, our pageviews also increased to correspond with our increase in posts, to 641,404 for the year – another personal best – up from 488,869 last year.
|Revit Add-ons post and pageview stats 2011-2017|
Revit Add-ons is ad-supported. Our ad revenue doesn't make for a great hourly rate, but it does help us to feel appreciated, and it motivates us to put a lot of effort into the site.
If you value the work we do on Revit Add-ons, please, show your support for our sponsors.
ArchVision has been an advertiser on Revit Add-ons for about 3 years. They're the final word in RPC content for AEC, and also offer the format-agnostic content management system AVAIL, and the largest commercially-available collection of drafting views with their Detail Warehouse product.
ElumTools, the first fully-integrated add-in lighting software for Revit, joined us as an advertiser last summer.
FenestraPRO joined us last fall. Their FenestraPRO Premium product enables architects to design energy efficient building façades to comply with building regulations and required performance.
initial.aec, Autodesk Gold Partner and purveyor of the outstanding Revit productivity suite Pro Revit Tools, joined us a little over 2 years ago.
PowerCAD joined us a little over a year ago. They're the authors of PowerCAD-PNL, a free 2D electrical interface for Revit MEP, and PowerCAD-M, for simplifying the build of your Revit electrical model.
RevitWorks is our longest continuous customer. They're authors of Door Factory PRO, among other apps. Door Factory is also available in a free LITE version.
Revolution Design, makers of the outstanding apps Keynote Manager, Selection Master and the productivity suite Revit Workflow was one of our earliest supporters, starting to advertise with us way back in 2012.
RTV Tools has been an outstanding supporter of our site for 3-1/2 years. They're the author of the popular RTV Xporter PRO product, as well as a number of others, all designed to help you get the most out of your BIM.
SPECtrum, authors of the SPECtrum Suite and the new GAMUT Suite for rethinking content management, joined us a little under 2 years ago.
UNIFI Labs, authors of UNIFI, the essential cloud platform for creating, organizing, accessing, and managing building content, have been advertisers on Revit Add-ons for about 2-1/2 years.
BIMcollab will be joining us as well!
Looking back at this list of sponsors, we feel very, very fortunate. Thank you advertisers for what you do and for supporting what we do!
We hope that you agree that we have a great stable of sponsors, and hope that you'll show them your appreciation.
Editor's Choice Award Winners
We were happy to recognize the following products in 2017:
- Align – Align any type of Revit element, free from BIM 42
- AVAIL – The format-agnostic content management system from ArchVision
- CS ArtisanRV – Cloud-based BIM for Landscape from CS Design Software
- CTB Link – Transform CAD imports to look like they'd plot from AutoCAD, free from Efficient BIM
- Revit API Docs – Web-based, searchable and extensible API documentation, free from Gui Talarico.
- Site Extractor – Get site context of detailed topography globally, from FLUX
People's Choice Award Winners
At the end of each year, we take a peek behind the curtain to see which posts received the most pageviews over the course of the year. The top-charting posts/add-ins receive People's Choice Awards. Only posts from the year in question are considered.
Products in the list that also received Editor's Choice Awards in 2017 are Align and Revit API Docs. The latter was so dominant that after we published our post in August, it spent all but a handful of days in the top spot of our "Trending Top 10 for the Last 7 Days" list, where it still sits today. We've only seen anywhere near this kind of dominance previously from our annual "Revit Product Enhancements from Autodesk" posts, this year's edition of which finished a close second.
Only one product made our list twice, pyRevit and its sub-component pyRevit Pattern Maker.
Here's the full list of our People's Choice Award winners:
- Free Revit API Docs – Web-based, searchable and extensible API documentation, from Gui Talarico.
- Revit 2018 Product Enhancements from Autodesk (Update #6)
- Exporting Schedules to Excel with Dynamo by Cesare Caoduro
- Free Align Version 1.2 – Automatically Align, Distribute and Organize Tags and Text, from Simon Moreau
- Free pyRevit – IronPython Script Library for Revit from Ehsan Iran-Nejad
- Lumion Version 7.3 and Plugin Version 2.0 – Include LiveSync for Revit, from Act-3D B.V.
- Metamorphosis – A Free and Open-Source Revit Change Analysis Tool from Kyle Martin, Matt Mason, Charles Prettyman, and Timon Hazell
- Advance Steel 2018 and Steel Connections for Revit Preview, from Autodesk
- Free pyRevit Pattern Maker for Revit from Ehsan Iran-Nejad
- Opinion: The Best Computational BIM Workflows for Architects by Vignesh Kaushi
Many thanks again to our advertisers!
Congratulations to all the award winners!
Thanks to the add-in developers and bloggers who make the Revit add-ins community such a thriving one!
Most of all, thank you dear readers for frequenting our site! We wouldn't be a success without you.
And speaking of our readers, now might be a good time to mention our social media accounts. Presently we have 671 followers on Twitter, up from 323 last year, and 1,507 likes on Facebook, up from 976 last year. Thank you all!
Wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2018!