Advertisement

Friday, October 3, 2014

Nemetschek Acquires Bluebeam Software

I'm a big fan of Bluebeam, the leader in PDF-based collaboration solutions for the AEC industry.

There are few software applications that perform their function so well that one can't imagine working without them, or using another tool for the same task. For me, that list is limited to Snagit for screen captures and quick image manipulation, Navisworks for clash management, and Bluebeam Revu for AEC-style PDF markup and collaboration.

I'm also a fan of Graphisoft's ArchiCAD. I know, I know - easy there guys and gals. If it weren't for healthy competition in the BIM space from ArchiCAD and maybe one or two other solutions, I don't think that Revit would be nearly as good as it is today. Besides, my original post on the Graphisoft interoperability downloads is in the all time top ten for pageviews here on Revit Add-ons. Ironic methinks.

So it was with an expression of "wow" that I read that Nemetschek, parent company of Graphisoft, and Vectorworks too, today acquired Bluebeam. Wow. Really, wow. To me, this is bigger news than Trimble acquiring Sketchup.

And, for a company that started out with a PDF print driver for AutoCAD, a USD 100 million payday is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations to all concerned!

There's info on the Bluebeam add-in for Revit here.

Credit:

No comments: