From the Xinaps website:
Automate accessibility analysis within your BIM model.
Trial Request a quote
Every building project has accessibility requirements demanded by the client, requested by the tenants or regulated by building codes. These typically include wheelchair or other disabled access, extra corridor, ramp, door widths, multi-floor or level access via larger lift and elevator dimensions, wider doors for room access, disabled toilet, and shower facilities, etc. Confirming compliance with these requirements is often a lengthy and separate checklist checking activity outside the design system.
Xinaps Accessibility Evaluator™, working as a plugin within Autodesk Revit®, automates this task and enables it to be done quickly. As different design options are investigated it provides decision-making support via immediate status checks against all the accessibility requirements. As a result, optimal design decisions can be made faster and more accessible buildings, floor levels, zones and rooms created. It is especially relevant to architectural designers and building engineers but also useful to all the design team.
The Accessibility Evaluator™ App:
- Scans the BIM model based on custom accessibility profiles - pedestrians, cars, shopping carts, hospital beds, etc.
- Checks the model for dimensions of rooms, turning radius, stairs, escalators, lifts, slopes and more
- Based on a patent-pending algorithm, draws real-time the shortest A to B distance within the building
- Displays Accessibility results in 2D, within the floor plan, and 3D, within the plug-in
- Is adaptable to ADA's or other international accessibility standards
- Synchronizes with Revit’s units of measurement
- Calculates and saves the accessibility values in the BIM model
- Creates reports in Word and Excel formats
Xinaps Accessibility Evaluator™ takes Revit® to a new higher performance automation level to deliver more of the promise of BIM by providing accessibility assessment and decision support for your integrated BIM design approach. It is available to Revit® users in a modern SaaS (Software as a Service) model under annual or monthly subscription.
About This Version
Version 0.9.0, 1/12/2017 – First version
The Accessibility Evaluator add-in is brought to you by Xinaps. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014.
There's more information available on the Xinaps website. and on the Autodesk App Store.
Product Roundup – Add-ins from Xinaps