Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator™, working as a plugin within Autodesk® Revit®, automates daylight area ratio checking of your BIM model. As a result optimal design decisions can be made regarding floor areas, glazing, glass area, windows, lighting, comfort, brightness, darkness – better working and living spaces are produced. It is especially relevant to architectural designers and building engineers but also useful to all the design team.
The Daylight Ratio Evaluator™ App:
- Scans the BIM model and reports daylight ratio compliance against required minimums
- Accepts input of required minimum daylight area ratio per room area
- Uses floor areas of rooms and glass areas of windows, doors, and curtain walls.
- Synchronizes with Revit units of measurement.
- Automatically adds and saves the daylight area ratio values per room in the Autodesk Revit® model.
- Displays your daylight ratio results
- Creates a Daylight Performance Indicator in the Building Performance Dashboard.
Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator™ takes Revit to a new higher performance automation level to deliver more of the promise of BIM by providing automated daylight checking and decision support for your integrated BIM design approach. It is available to Revit users in a modern SaaS (Software as a Service) model under annual or monthly subscription.
About This Version
Version 1.3.0, 1/16/2017
- The Plug-In can now operate next to Revit, so you can handle both applications at the same time next to each other.
- Update with performance enhancements.
- With one click of the button you can now quickly create an Elevation view of every window calculated.
The Xinaps Daylight Ratio Evaluator add-in is brought to you by Xinaps. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014.