A simple app that reports the file sizes of loadable Families in an Autodesk® Revit® Project. The resulting report is grouped by Project Category by default. You can choose to remove the grouping and sort the list of families by Family Name or File Size on disk (in Kb).
Why do you need this App? If you find that your project is slowing down and suspect that some families may have been over-modelled, you can use this App to identify these families quickly. While File Size is not a definite indicator of performance, it is an easily understood metric. In a large project, there may be thousands of components. How does one find the sizes of the individual families? One solution is to save all the loadable families into a folder and then compare their sizes using windows explorer. This App is designed to automate this process and present the information without having to manage the individual family files using Windows Explorer or saving them out for that matter.
This App is part of a series of Apps 'RUTILITIES' by the same publisher.
About This Version
Version 2.0.0, 1/23/2017
- Major Revamp of User interface.
- Added additional file maintenance features such has purging CAD Styles and Opening Families.
- The Tool now displays nested families.
- A Treeview display was added to the Datagrid Display along with a family properties display.
- Settings include ability to export the report to a CSV or an XML file.
The Family Size Reporter add-in is brought to you by SpiceTools Technologies. It's free.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2017, 2016, and 2015.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.