Back in 2015 when I started learning programming macro[s] in SharpDevelop in Revit to change different parameter’s value like Sheet or View names, Room numbers or custom Project or Sheared Parameters, I decided to find a time saving solution to something more serious.
In our office there was a need to create about 35 Sheet Sets for printing purposes from [a] few hundred drawings in our project. Sheets created in our project were divided [in]to series. Because we wanted to have more descriptive information in project browser then just a simple Sheet number[,] we added a custom Project Parameter to Sheets called “Drawing Sheet Series”. (i.e. Sheets [beginning] with number 20 had this parameter set to “(20) General Arrangement”). This way all the sheets in our project were divided.
As a beginner to start with this task I needed some help. I didn’t know how to alter Revit print settings. It wasn’t easy to understand [the] Revit API help file but I found a useful macro at [the] Boos[t] Your BIM web page (link is [here]) which is creating a Sheet Set from Sheets containing in their number specific letters. In my case I needed to do it for all Sheets therefor[e] changes were required. Additionally because it was written in C# and I was more fluent in VB.Net I decided to translate it.
You can find a final macro prepared for Revit 2015 here
Please find below links [to] download Revit files [for] this macro for Revit 2014 and 2015 version[s]: PrintSets2014 and PrintSets2015.
Please let me know if it works with Revit 2016.
There's more information available on the PabLab website