This is the .NET code used by the Revit 2015-2017 family of products to support IFC, and the Revit 2012-2014 families of products to support IFC export. The open source version can override the version that comes standard with shipped Revit. Revit 2013-2017 contain both IFC export and IFC export UI overrides, which contain options not available in the regular UI, such as ifcXML and ifcZIP support. The Revit 2014-2017 versions also work for Revit LT 2014-2017, respectively.
- Minor improvements to the Importer class to make it easier for developers to create a custom Importer.
- We now support the IFC4 Addendum 2 schema. Specific improvements based on that will be listed below. For this update, you will have to manually add the IFC4_Add2.exp file (included with this package), to the EDM subfolder of your Revit Program folder. We will automate this in a future update.
New Export Functionality:
- Allow overriding material names on export by using IfcName shared parameter.
- Expand the use of types for many elements that didn't export types before, including beams (IfcBeamType), curtain walls (IfcCurtainWallType, and types for mullions and panels), and footings (IfcFootingType).
- Improved ability to export some geometry as IfcSweptSolid.
- Try to use axis information, if it exists, when exporting beams and members in addition to columns.
- (IFC4) Better support beam, column, and member base quantities, including weight.
- (IFC4) Collect material information for profiles for beams and columns.
- (IFC4) Expand use of FootPrint representations to columns and slabs.
- (IFC4) Expand use of IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage if the entity has a compound structure in Revit, as allowed by IFC.
- (IFC4) No longer create StandardCase IFC entities, as these have been deprecated (including IfcWallStandardCase).
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialConstituent and IfcMaterialProfileSet for a number of elements.
- (IFC4) Use Built-in parameter "Structural_Bend_Dir_Angle" to get "Roll" property for PSet_BeamCommon and PSet_ColumnCommon.
- (IFCAdd2) Support IfcPolygonalFaceSet.
Export Bug Fixes:
- Allow exporting to IFC while using Collaboration for Revit where the default directory isn't local.
- Better support for MEP type entities, that didn't always export correctly.
- Correct the parameters of the directrix of some IfcSweptSolids.
- Fix correct mapping of IfcBurnerType/IfcGasTerminalType and IfcElectricHeaterType/IfcSpaceHeaterType.
- Fix creation of types for sub-entities of IfcDistributionControlElement.
- Fix offset problem when using the "Export Linked Files as Separate IFCs" option in locales where the decimal mark is not a point.
- (IFC4) Correct names of IFC4 entity quantity sets.
- (IFC4) Fix the name of IfcCommunicationsApplianceType.
New Import Functionality:
- Add support for IfcDerivedProfileDef.
- Support IfcRelClassification.
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialProfile, IfcMaterialProfileSet, and IfcMaterialProfileSetUsage.
- (IFC4) Support IfcMaterialConstituent and IfcMaterialConstituentSet.
- (IFC4) Support IfcTessellatedFaceSet and IfcPolygonalFaceSet.
- (IFC4) Improve mapping from Roll parameter to structural bend direction angle.
- (API only) Allow for two new options, CreateDuplicateZoneGeometry and CreateDuplicateContainerGeometry, that disable the duplication of geometry for zone elements and containers, respectively.
Import Bug Fixes:
- Better reporting when importing an IFC file with invalid rectangular or circular profiles (e.g., a 0 radius profile).
- Don't show the void geometry when subtracting a void from an empty solid as a result of an IfcBooleanResult calculation.
- Ensure that IFC2x schema files can still be imported.
- Fix import of some IfcSurfaceCurveSweptAreaSolids.
The open source version of IFC for Revit is brought to you by this group of developers. It's free.
There are versions of this add-in that are compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.
There's more information available on the SourceForge website, and on the Autodesk App Store (2018 version here, 2017 version here, and 2016 version here).
IFC for Revit Updated with Better IFC4 support (version 16.6 and 17.3 download… https://t.co/GdXUt9YsL9 #revit— Luke Johnson (@lukeyjohnson) March 28, 2017