The Steel Roof Truss Wizard for Revit®
Metal Framing Truss+ gives Revit® users a single robust platform to generate light gauge steel truss systems for roofs of any shape, perform structural analysis, and auto-generate shop drawings. Functions are versatile, parameters easy to control, and changes occur in real time. It’s a potent BIM workflow booster: no more drafting – just decide and design.
- Build full metal truss systems in one go with the configurable 3D grid (escaping the limited and time-consuming nature of standard Revit® truss family insertion)
- Easily assess steel truss options, in economic and engineering terms, to make the best choices
- Create new parametric uniquely shaped truss families based on model lines and roofs for immediate use in your projects
- Freely revise your Revit® model; truss systems update and adapt
- Get real-time take-offs and views, auto-sorting and dimensioning, and optional export to CNC machines (Howick, Pinnacle, etc.) with C+C and C+U support
Client Story: THORSON BAKER & ASSOCIATES (TBA): “AGACAD software has given substance to our models”
Compatible with BIM software Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Revit® Structure.
Ideal for architects, structural engineers, and manufacturers of lightweight steel-frame constructions or elements.
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Suite, Metal Framing Truss+ is a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit® and the insights of global BIM experts. Also available separately.
Key features of Metal Framing Truss+:
Easy creation and adjustment of shop drawing templates
Automatic coping, sorting, and tagging of truss members; calculation of truss volume
Built-in clash detection; also works well with Cut Opening
Quick setup and user-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven options
Truss-framing library can be edited and expanded; templates and rules are fully customizable
Configurations save as templates for future reuse with just one click
Coming soon: Wood and Metal Framing Truss+ are going to be augmented with floor trusses
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
- AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
- Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
- AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
- Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
- ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
- CEMCO Specifications
- Speed. Metal Framing Truss+ builds truss systems in seconds. Use your mouse to make changes and use all the neat functions that will help in day-to-day works a lot. Of course, it will also save a lot of money.
- Completeness. Everything is in one place: system development, its evaluation and documentation. Just jump right into decision making.
- Easy-to-Use. All functions are comfortably listed in easy to understand menu.
Metal Framing Truss+ is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, and 2016.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.