Complete Metal Wall Frame Creator for Revit®
Metal Framing Wall+ automates light gauge steel wall framing work in Revit®. Powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall panel fabrication and construction.
- Create detailed multi-layer metal wall framing for any Revit® project in a snap using predefined or custom rules and templates; solution supports C+C (incl. C+C Chamfered), C+U (incl. C+U Special) and U+U framing systems
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface
- Easily configure supporting structure, openings, complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions, and more for straight or arched light-frame walls
- Automate sheathing layouts
- Frame architectural curtain walls with highly detailed elements (including mullions, transoms, window glass holders, pressure plates, cover plates, insulators etc.) efficiently
- Frame curtain panels (including complex fills and internal frames) precisely
- Freely revise your Revit model with simple selection of the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with one click; get real-time take-offs and views, auto-sorting and dimensioning, and optional export to any CNC machines (Howick, Metroll, Pinnacle, etc.)
- Wall frames update and adapt according to every change
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or exporting your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Compatible with BIM software Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Revit® Structure.
Ideal for architects, structural engineers and manufacturers of lightweight metal-frame constructions.
New Release of Wood/Metal Framing Wall+: A Real-life Dream
Customizing a header, sill, or top-pate support in Revit used to be the stuff of dreams and fairy tales.
You can now create custom headers, sills, and top plate supports in your metal or wood framing project!
NEW SOLUTION Ventilated Facades makes it quick and easy to design high-quality ventilated facades in Revit® with automated real-time updates for project changes. That ensures you’ll get high-quality framing models, including hangers, fixings, brackets, etc.
You’ll get accurate bills of materials, shop and fabrication drawings, and accurate on-site assembly thanks to BIM-to-Field features.
TEST IT OUT FOR 30-DAYS!
If you would like to see for yourself how ventilated facades can be created in Revit, then test it out!
For €250/$250 per company (unlimited attendees), you will receive 3 hours of individual online training, a highly-detailed sample project, and over 20 Revit families. The training sessions will give you a foundation in VENTILATED FACADES software to create ventilated facades.
You’ll also get a 30-day trial of the software.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Key features of Metal Framing Wall+:
Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings; irregular wall shapes
Easy transfer framing elements between same groups or identical walls in different levels of buildings by predefining what elements building designer is going to affect: all walls from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected wall should be unique in the building
Precise framing of Curtain Walls and Curtain Wall Panels using Extra feature
Complex multi-layer wall framing: unlimited number of layers; layer-specific settings for connections (L, T, V, and End); recognition of inner/outer corners
Automated details (anchors and bolts, clip angles, service holes, etc.) on studs and plates
Quick alignment of metal studs or opening cripples with trusses or other frames
Support of curved walls
Wall frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional members
Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated wall openings and flexible framing around it
Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing studs
Library of all main types of wall framing can be edited and expanded
Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to the sheets according to user predefined template
All templates and rules are fully customizable; framing, sheathing, and shop drawing configurations can be saved for future projects and shared between company team members
Easy setup, user-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus and options
Optional CNC output enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
UBS: “AGACAD framing tools let us confidently take on more complexity”
THORSON BAKER & ASSOCIATES (TBA): “AGACAD software has given substance to our models”
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
- AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
- Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
- AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
- Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
- ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
- CEMCO Specifications
- Effective Design. Few easy steps are all what it takes to configure wall framing for one-click metal wall framing.
- Smart Modification. After framing a wall, changes and tweaks can be made very handily.
- Design Evaluation. Fast wall framing made in early project stage helps the user to make better decisions comprehensively. Evaluate every detail of the project; find the best alternative for the project. Material take-off, shop drawings, views are real-time so there is minimum risk of errors.
- Speed. Easy setup, templates, user friendly interface, and fast framing generation make user built framing in a fraction of the time required before. System is very scalable so there’s no difference if you generate 10 or 100 walls; it only takes the computing time for that.
- Completeness does the modelling of framing, tagging of elements, dimensioning, and scheduling with a single solution. Complete the process in one place.
- Saves Lots of Time. Metal Framing Wall+ is built for quick project development. Standardized and automated wall framing and shop drawing generation enable users to jump a few major steps in building design.
- Shop Drawings on the Go. Shop drawings are produced, almost at the same time, as you frame your first wall. Easy to make templates allow user to forget about this process. Check if everything is alright in the end, adjust a few things and you’re ready to deliver your project.
- Easy-to-Use User Interface. Everything in Metal Framing Wall+ is a mouse click away. Choose what has to be modified and click the function which is comfortably listed in a handy menu.
The custom join tool has a really nice user interface. I’ve used one in the past that ended up being trial and error because the UI didn’t help the user understand what changes they were making. I’m happy to report that I was able to adjust my first join within minutes! I was also glad to see the preview adjust with each change and how each item drop down option made sense with how the items moved. Great solution, I’m excited to set it up in my project! Your team does great work!
- Chandel Ninmann, Virtual Design/Construction Specialist at United Building Solutions, USA.
Metal Framing Wall+ is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, and 2016.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.