Revit® Steel Roof Rafter Creator for Any Geometry
Metal Framing Rafter+ lets you quickly create full rafter systems in Revit® models for light gauge steel frame roofs of any shape or complexity. Custom-framing functions and versatile schedule generation further accelerate BIM workflow. No more drafting – just decide and design.
- Frame an entire roof based on its 3D model, including hip/valley rafters, ridge, girder, collar, batten beams, horizontal beams, sleepers, trimmers, etc.
- Auto-detect and frame roof openings; cope ends of existing beams
- Freely revise your Revit® model; rafters and beam systems update and adapt
- Get real-time take-offs and auto-sorting
Client Story: THORSON BAKER & ASSOCIATES (TBA): “AGACAD software has given substance to our models”
Compatible with BIM software Autodesk® Revit®, Revit® Architecture, Revit® Structure, and Autodesk® Building Design Suite.
Ideal for architects, structural engineers, and manufacturers of lightweight steel-frame constructions or elements.
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Suite, Metal Framing Rafter+ is a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit® and the insights of global BIM experts, which is also available separately.
Key features of Metal Framing Rafter+:
Full control of birdsmouth joint parameters, cutting of existing rafters
Extension/trimming of beams, splitting/recreation of beam systems
Frame elements are easily grouped, sorted, and renumbered
Perform static analysis in Revit or export analytic model to structural analysis software at any stage of design process
All templates and rules fully customizable; popular schedule templates included
Configurations save as templates for future reuse with just one click
Built-in clash detection; works well with Cut Opening
User-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus and options
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
- AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
- Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
- AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
- Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
- ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
- CEMCO Specifications
- Simple and Powerful Modeling. Easy-to-use tools allow you create metal beam systems for all roof slopes together automatically and complete the framing of any roof shape.
- Reduction of Errors. Increased quality in all framing projects created in Revit.
- Better Productivity. Dramatically increase your productivity by easily creating complex steel framing geometry.
Metal Framing Rafter+ is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, and 2016.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.