Revit® Turbocharger for Metal Frame Floors
Metal Framing Floor+ automates metal framing work for floors in Autodesk® Revit® projects. It's powerful, flexible and easy to use. It helps you make better decisions, finish much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to segment fabrication and construction.
- Create detailed multilayer light gauge steel floor framing for Revit models of any complexity using predefined or custom rules and templates
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface
- Easily control frames, including joists, rims, bridgings, blockings, bracings, and battens; add supports, hangers, clips, service holes, and more
- Automate sheathing layouts
- Freely revise your Revit® model, with easy selection of the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- Easily prepare shop drawings and cut lists, with all required views, where elements are dimensioned, sorted, tagged, scheduled, and mass is calculated; optional export to CNC machines (Howick, Metroll, Pinnacle, etc.)
- Floor frames update and adapt according to any changes
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit® or export your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Client Story: THORSON BAKER & ASSOCIATES (TBA): “AGACAD software has given substance to our models”
Compatible with BIM software Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Revit® Structure.
Ideal for architects, structural engineers, and manufacturers of lightweight steel framed constructions.
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Suite, Metal Framing Floor+ is a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit® and the insights of global BIM experts, which is also available separately.
Key features of Metal Framing Floor+:
Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings; irregular floor shapes
Framing types easily linked with floor types; can be preset for bearing or non-bearing floors
Easy transfer framing elements between same groups or identical floors in different levels of buildings by predefining what elements building designer is going to affect: all floors from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected floor should be unique in the building
Automated details (support clips, hangers, web stiffeners, service holes, etc.) on bridgings, blockings, joists and rim joists by predefined configuration
Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated floor openings and flexible framing around it
Floor frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional members
Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing studs
Library with main types of floor framing can be edited and expanded
Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to the sheets according to user predefined template
All templates and rules are fully customizable; framing, sheathing and shop drawing configurations can be saved for the future projects and shared between company team members
Optional CNC output enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
- AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
- NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
- Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
- AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
- Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
- Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
- ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
- CEMCO Specifications
- Saves Time and Money. Metal Framing Floor+ provides an efficient design process that promotes best building practices, and saves money by reducing material wastes.
- Easily Operated User Interface. Everything in Metal Framing Floor+ is a mouse click away. Choose what needs to be modified and click the function, which is conveniently listed in user-friendly menu. Workflow was tested by professional engineers who helped to optimize and find the perfect solution for you.
- Shop Drawings on the Go. Shop drawings are produced almost at the same time you frame your first floor. It is easy to make templates allowing user to forget about this process. Check whether everything is alright at the end, adjust a few things and you’re ready to deliver your project.
Metal Framing Floor+ is brought to you by AGACAD. Pricing was not known at press time.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, and 2016.
There's more information available on the AGACAD website.