By Valensas Balsevicius
New Release of Smart Assemblies: Detail View of the model and other improvements!
As Smart Assemblies (SA) is increasingly used for automated dimensioning and arranging views on sheets, many user requests have come in. And we’ve been working really hard to keep up with the pace! Several of your requests have been fulfilled in the most recent SA update, so I’d like to highlight those new features that are now available.
New features are numbered in the following two images. First, are the new options in the Shop Drawing Configurations (SDC) window…
…and here are the new options found in the SA panel:
Read on for short descriptions of the enumerated features:
1. Detail View – allows you to make shop drawings in the regular Revit project view so that you can see how other elements interact with the assembly in the model.
For example, in SDC I will set up two Elevation Front views: one will be a standard assembly view of an isolated element and the other one a Detail View of the assembly in the model:
Then I will select a Structural Framing element and use the Create Assembly command.
After the Assembly is created, I will also generate a Detail View for the selected Assembly.
Now I have two different front views – an isolated assembly view and one from the model. The standard automatic assembly view looks like this…
…while the automatic Detail View (Section view in the model) will look like this:
2. The option to Add Shop Drawing Configuration to Assembly may be switched on or off. Turning it off will increase the speed of creating Smart Assemblies but will disallow the ‘Use Modify by Instance’ and ‘Save SDC from Assembly’ commands on your assembly.
3. Another new feature is that now you can opt to Add Windows/Doors into Assembly automatically by switching on a new tick mark:
4. An informational upgrade is that in the SDC window you can see information about the Current Configuration Location and Current Template Project Location. This makes it easier to track which configuration you are editing
5. An already-existing function has been improved: Lengthen section views not only can lengthen your section head and tail but can also shorten them.
You can see the difference in the images below:
We hope you find these developments helpful in your use of Smart Assemblies!
Don’t hesitate to try out free 14-day evaluation license.