Advertisement

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

"Oh I, oh, I'm still alive"

As some of you may have noticed, we haven't posted in awhile, a few weeks to be exact. We understand that this might be jarring considering that we were routinely posting 4x per day (we were on a wicked pace this year). A couple readers even went so far as to contact me to ask if everything was okay, and to even offer help if needed. I was touched by this, truly. Fortunately, everything's fine, life’s just intruded as it sometimes will.

A few weeks ago, I took on a project from a company that also happens to be a Revit add-in developer, and was hard at work on that. Then the past several days I had my young sons for Spring Break. Now, as I type this, I'm en route from Seattle to Montreal to meet with that same add-in developer. Or, more accurately, I'm sitting at a bar in my layover airport waiting on the hours-delayed final leg of my trip. C'est la vie.

So, why am I flying across the continent to meet with an add-in developer? I hope to land a full-time gig with them. I'd like to say more, but first we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know if things work out (fingers crossed).

Meanwhile, Revit Add-ons related items have been piling up, even though I haven't had time to monitor our Twitter feed for news items (developers: if something dropped recently, please let me know).

We have an exclusive article from The Wild that will be dropping soon (promise). We also have an original interview with Ehsan Iran-Nejad, author of pyRevit, in the can.

Also on the horizon are original product reviews of ASSA ABLOY's Openings Studio, CTC Software's HIVE, StrucSoft Solutions' MWF, Revolution Design's Cloud Services for Keynote Manager, RTV Tools' RTV Xporter Pro, and the aforementioned pyRevit.

I also have an idea to develop an app as a traditional Revit add-in, as a pyRevit extension, and as a Dynamo script, and to document it here as kind of a compare and contrast sort of thing...

Whew! How are we going to manage all of that PLUS keep up with all the normal app news across the industry? Fortunately, we've got a new content contributor lined up to handle some of the more routine items—just as soon as I can get her trained up. 😊

So hey, be well, and we'll be back soon.

Oh, and we have to get our Spring logo out there too. And we have some new ads to put up, and some to take down. D'ohh!

(And geez but having a couple tall beers at an airport bar can make typing accurately REALLY hard...)

You're still alive
She said
Oh do I deserve to be?
Is that the question? 
And if so, if so
Who answers?
Who answers?

I, I, I'm still alive
Yeah, yeah I, oh, I'm still alive

- Pearl Jam

Tim Grimm
Founder & Editor
Greater Seattle area
Not bad for a reformed Bentley guy

2 comments: