Advertisement

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Using Microsoft Copilot AI to Generate Content on Revit Add-ons

With so much buzz around AI, and in the interest of transparency, I thought it was worthwhile to share that I'm now using AI to generate content for Revit Add-ons. I use Copilot in Word and specify the prompt, "Create a detailed summary of the [name] add-in for Revit from the Internet." Copilot pulls from available sources, usually the Autodesk Design and Make Marketplace (formerly the Autodesk App Store), online documentation, the developer's website, and any reviews that have been written. From these sources, Copilot creates a uniquely structured document that is at once more comprehensive than any of the single sources. Of course, proofreading is a must, but Copilot does a remarkably good job. 

From there, it's a simple copy and paste to my blog's editor, formatting the post, adding images and videos when appropriate, and adding attribution.

I hope you're enjoying the new feel of Revit Add-ons that Microsoft Copilot enables!



Advertisement

No comments: