ASSA ABLOY Openings Studio™, designed exclusively for architects, contractors, distribution, and end user facility owners working in a 3D Building Information Model (BIM) environment.
ASSA ABLOY Openings Studio™ Professional Version (PRO) is our full-featured, password protected suite of BIM software tools for creating and visualizing 3D doors, frames, and hardware objects and modifying their associated parameters for use in design, construction, and facility management.
- Web-based configuration engine instantly produces hundreds of “complete openings”, including curtain panel and custom frame/light applications, with schedulable associated parameters for downloading to libraries and projects.
- Create parametric, intelligent door families “on the fly” for libraries or projects; customconfigurable to various levels of detail.
- View 3D doors, with hardware, in the exclusive PRO visualizer panel; complete with interactive building view of project openings and floor plans.
- Access an extensive, non-proprietary product database with manufacturer list pricing to guide budgetary decisions and alternate comparisons.
- Download CSI 3-part formatted door and hardware specification sections complete with manufacturer basis-of-design products matching the 3D opening models.
- Link-out to product collateral information including PDF catalog and technical data sheets, sustainability facts, warranties and maintenance instructions, wiring diagrams, and more.
- Improve communication through the integrated RFI system and automated change management; showing modifications by author with dates and timestamps.
- Training and technical support provided by your Openings Studio professional consultant team or on-demand through FAQ webpage and instructional videos.:
ASSA ABLOY Openings Studio™ Snap Version (SNAP) is a lighter version of our plug-in designed for exchanging Revit® door schedule information directly between architects and consultants working on door and hardware specifications.
Revit® door hardware plug-in is easy to download and use.
- Simple on-screen instructions.
- No time-consuming mapping or requirement to learn manufacturer terminology for schedule parameters.
- Accurate and timely updating of door schedules without manual entry.
- Period. You're done.
- Upload your Revit® door schedule(s) and PDF floor plan drawings instantly to an Openings Studio™ consultant with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Quickly import Hardware Set project and shared parameters to the Revit® model for use in door schedules saving time and manual entry.
- Project basis-of-design specifications are created using a non-proprietary database to match architectural applications, owner standards, and construction guidelines.
- Automatic synching of the Hardware Set project and shared parameters to the Revit® model for use in door schedules.
- On demand training and support available on FAQ webpage or from your Openings Studio professional consultant.
ASSA ABLOY Opening Studio is free to use with registration.
There's more information available on the ASSA ABLOY website.
Credit: Thanks to ZGF's Philip Rothey for the tip!
Revit Works: Door Factory
RevitWorks Releases Free LITE Version of Door Factory
SuperDoor Add-in for Revit from CAD Technology Center