Advertisement

Monday, August 28, 2017

Watershed Analysis in Revit, Dynamo, Flux and Grasshopper

From the Revit Dynamite and Ammo blog:

August 28, 2017

Ammo: Watershed Analysis in Revit, Dynamo, Flux and Grasshopper

It's been a while since my last post for various reasons. The biggest of which is that I'm holding a little session at this years BILT Europe conference about topographies in a Revit/Dynamo environment. In that matter, all spare time goes into preparation for this, so no blogposts then.. It is a quite niche subject, so who knows if anyone shows up for that class at all. Anyway, I will eventually share all the material on this blog as well.

On the matter of topographies, let's have a look at a subject on which I have pondered for a while: How to create a Watershed Analysis (WSA) in Revit.

So what is a WSA you ask.

Well, given a topography/terrain and some start positions for the water, which way will the water go?

Here is a perspective example:


Now going about this, I've tried creating something in Python/Dynamo, but didn't succeed in that endeavour, unfortunately. Let me know if you do! But after some research(that would be googling..) I found a Grasshopper based version with a VB script that proved itself to be adequate for the task. Here is a link to that original forum post.

But how to get my data across? Flux obviously..

Read more on the Revit Dynamite and Ammo blog »

No comments: