This is an administrative app that allows a BIM Coordinator to control the usage of Workshared Enabled Autodesk® Revit® file. As a general rule, local file should be recreated daily. However, this is hard to enforce in a large company. Also, a normal user could accidentally open a central file.
This app helps to
- Prevent user from opening an old local file
- Local file can be recreated automatically
- How many days a local file is considered old? It is set to 1 day. That is if a local file was created yesterday, and when you open it today, it will ask to recreate a new local file. You can change the 'number of days' in Config.ini
- User can still open an old local file (On by default)
- Prevent user from accidentally opening a central model
- Confirmation dialog when a central file is opened (On by default)
- User will not be able to open a central file (Off by default)
This app also shows localized message for Revit Chinese Simplified version.
|Prompt the user to recreate a new local file|
|Prevent user from accidentally opening a central file|
|Disabled the user completely from opening a central file|
Simple, useful, configurable, free ... Editor's Choice winner!
There's more information available on the Autodesk Exchange Apps website.