Advertisement

Monday, September 11, 2017

Using Dynamo to Remove Controlled Parameters from View Templates

From the ARCHI-LAB website:

Removing Controlled Parameters from View Templates

September 10, 2017
By Konrad K Sobon

It’s been a while since I wrote a post on Dynamo workflows, but it has also been a while since I have been using Dynamo for anything. I kind of like to prototype things in Dynamo these days, but not so much rely on it for anything that I want to distribute to a wider user base. This particular workflow was kind of a side effect of something else that I was working on. Originally I was asked to add Graphics Scales to all Viewports (views on sheets). Of course John Pierson has already covered that, and was kind enough to share with me. What I ran into while implementing that though, was the fact that when I added Shared Parameters to the View, all of my View Templates had these two/three parameters checked. My view templates by default took control of these new Shared Parameters. Now, that’s not exactly what I wanted, because my goal was to write custom values to these parameters, so they cannot actually be controlled. That’s how this workflow came about, I needed to un-check them for all View Templates before I could use John’s workflow. Here’s how:


Read more on the ARCHI-LAB website »

No comments: